The Operations Committee is given the responsibility by Council to fulfill the following actions throughout the year:
- Review and improve operational procedures in line with recognised examples of Best Practice
- Oversee compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversee compliance with Health and Safety requirements
- Be responsible with the Clerk for HR practices and employment matters, including determining headcount and structure, definition of roles and responsibilities and salary scale
- Provide input to the Finance Committee during the annual budget process on staffing and headcount
- Approval of emergency/urgent expenditures
- Property and Asset management of the Property Portfolio of the Council, namely
- The Pavilion building, offices therein and staff accommodation.
- The toilets
- Refreshment chalet
- Pavilion Building
- Tennis Courts
- Borough in Bloom
- Bus shelters
- Telephone kiosks (Chobham Road and Blacknest Gate), Chobham Road grass area, A30 flower baskets, benches, noticeboards, rubbish bins and dog bins
- The Village Hall
The committee meets at least quarterly and is comprised of at least 3 Councillors of which 3 members is quorate. The Chairman of the committee is selected from among the committee members.
The dates of upcoming meetings along agendas and minutes are attached below. For the papers referred to in the minutes, please request these from the Clerk.
|11 August 2020||Register in advance for this ZOOM meeting:
|Agenda 11 August 2020|
|25 February 2020||Operations Committee||Agenda 25 February 20||Minutes 25 February 2020|
|10 December 2019||Operations Committee||Agenda 3 December 2019||Minutes 3 December 2019|
|3 September 2019||Operations Committee||Agenda 3 September 2019||Minutes 3 September 2019|