The Finance Committee of Sunningdale Parish Council is established to deliver the following financial controls:
- Supervise the overall budgetary process of Council (including preparing and recommending to Council a budget for the following year).
- Maintain overall governance and proper conduct of public money.
- Monitor income and expenditure and review the monthly reports against budget.
- Review recommendations for salaries and HR matters with financial implications for recommendation to Council.
- Consider the recommendations of other committees for expenditure and report to Council on the financial implications thereof.
- Recommend to Council prices, rents and other charges, including the cemetery fees, allotment rents, room hire rent, refreshment chalet rent.
- Consider the findings of the Internal Auditors Reports (2) and take appropriate action.
- Consider the Annual Accounts prior to these coming before Council for approval.
- Review annually the risk register, the asset register and financial regulations and make recommendation to Council on appropriate action.
- Consider any other financial matter that may arise including the management of CIL
- Ensure the Clerk/RFO receives financial training as and when required.
- Ensure that the RFO reports to Council monthly
The committee meets at least quarterly and is comprised of at least 4 Councillors of which 3 members is quorate. The Chairman of the committee is selected from among the committee members.
This website holds agendas and minutes for finance meetings for at least one council year, please contact the clerk for older documents. For the papers referred to in the minutes, please request these from the Clerk.
Scheme of Delegation Consultations in the Format of a Planning Committee Meeting
The council resolved to delegate the power to comment on planning applications to the Head of Paid Service, the Clerk, and the committee format will be used to carry out consultations between the Clerk and the Committee Members.
Members of the public may attend any meeting and will be invited to speak by the Chairman of the committee regarding planning application matters and planning concerns they may have.
For all Zoom meetings, any member of the public wishing to address the committee is required to register with the Clerk by 10am on the day prior to the meeting.
Scheme of Delegation Consultations 2021 2022
|13 July 2021 @ 1:30pm|
|8 June 2021 @ 1:30pm
Attend this meeting via zoom
|Finance Committee Agenda 8 June 2021|