Sunningdale is surrounded by green belt and lies within the borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. It is approximately 15 miles from Heathrow Airport and 30 miles from Central London, and it is close to the M3, M4 and M25 motorways.
The Local Government Act 1894 introduced elected district and parish councils. Sunningdale Parish Council held its first meeting on December 31st of that year under the chairmanship of the Reverend Cree, the vicar of Holy Trinity Church at the time.
On this website you will find material on the workings of the council plus significant community-related content, including a fairly comprehensive set of local histories.
The RBWM Reg 18 Borough Local Plan consultation completed on the 13th of January 2017 when all interested parties were given the opportunity to send in their comments.
The council response can be seen in full here.
For the first time in six years Sunningdale Parish Council will be increasing its parish precept funding.
From this April, the precept – which is included in your Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead council tax bill – will be £35.45 per annum for a Band D property in Sunningdale. This equates to an extra annual charge of £7.65 or 64p a month for the council tax year 2017/18.
For details of other bands, please click here
The parish council has managed to freeze the precept in previous years by using reserve funds and contributions from Royal Borough grants. However, these reserves and grants are no longer available and in order to maintain the level of services provided to our residents and businesses the precept needs to be increased.
What your precept pays for in Sunningdale Village:
- The Broomhall Lane Recreation Ground – provision and maintenance of children’s and toddlers’ play areas, the Pavilion, tennis courts, football and rugby goals, adult exercise equipment, a refreshment chalet and a free carpark for visitors
- Provision and staffing of the Parish Office – open 30 hours per week
- Provision and maintenance of the only public toilets within the village
- Provision and management of the village allotments
- Management of the Kiln Lane Cemetery
- The provision of seven dog bins throughout the parish – emptied weekly
- Ownership and maintenance of three bus shelters
- Provision and management of three village recycling bins
- Provision and management of five grit bins
- Provision and maintenance of the village benches
- Ownership and management of two ex BT telephone boxes – one as a book exchange and another as an information kiosk
- Upgrade and upkeep of the public footpath from the recreation ground to the station
- Funding for flower baskets throughout the summer and winter and the six large London Road flower planters
- Organising the Sunningdale Christmas Celebration event in partnership with Sunningdale businesses.
- Funding the cost of the installation and removal of the village’s Christmas lights
We would be happy to discuss these services or any other matters which concern you. Our next Parish Surgery takes place on Friday, 17th February at 10.30am at The Pavilion, Broomhall Lane. Or contact us via the Parish Clerk on 01344 4874268