We are currently recruiting for 2 roles:
Park Keeper with associated accommodation
Please see below for both roles.
- 30 hours per week (Flexibility is required)
- Working days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- The salary point for this role is LC 20 £13.51 per hour and FTE of £25,991.
- Rising to LC 21 £13.78 and FTE of £26,511 on successful completion of a 6-month probation.
- 22 days annual leave and an employer contributory pension scheme.
Sunningdale Parish Council is seeking to employ a Deputy Clerk for 30 hours per week to join the parish team who actively support the council members to make a positive change to our parish. The council is looking for an individual who can work with and for the Clerk, Proper and Responsible Financial Officer to support the efficient running of the day-to-day business and engagement with the residents, businesses, and other organisations.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic, and confident individual who will also have demonstrable capability of:
- working effectively with members of the public, volunteers, elected members, and third-party organisations
- is highly proficient with the use of Office 365 suite of software.
- has experience of writing and updating websites using content management systems.
- proficient at social media posting.
- flexibility to attend evening meetings as required to cover the clerk and meeting with organisations requiring travel.
- is accurate, well organised, and motivated to achieve deadlines.
- has the ability to deputise for the Clerk in public roles as required.
- enjoys a fast moving, changing environment.
The role is based at the council office, which is currently a COVID secure venue, however home working is also available for some of the hours employed once the successful applicant has completed an induction process. It is intended that this role will commence once the national restriction has been removed with face-to-face interviews anticipated in late May 2021.
In line with all council employees, the successful applicant will also be expected to participate in training for aspects of the role and to work towards obtaining CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration)
For more information, please contact Ruth Davies, Clerk to the Council via phone or email.
The closing date for return of applications is 21 May 2021 with interviews to be held May with the role commencing no later than 1 July 2021.
Full details of the role are available in the Deputy Clerk recruitment pack April 2021
To apply for the role, you will need to complete an Sunningdale Parish Council Application Form – Deputy Clerk
Closing date is the 21 May 2021, for more information or an informal chat, please contact:
Clerk to the Council
Park Keeper – with associated accommodation
Park Keeper Role Advertised: 14th May to 2nd June 2021
Viewing of the Accommodation: 1st and 2nd June 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 7th June 2021
Employment and Occupancy from: 1st June onwards
Associated Accommodation with Employment
As a condition of the employment, the employee shall occupy the 3-bedroom maisonette property at Broomhall Lane Recreation Ground as a licensee and pays a licence fee of £1,250 per calendar month, paid the first day of each calendar month. This fee includes gas and water.
A separate service occupancy agreement between employer (Sunningdale Parish Council) and Employee will be signed along with the contract of employment. This licence is available on request to the Clerk.
- Reporting to: Clerk to the Council
- Role (to include): Park Keeper. Duties as specified by the Clerk
- Hours of work: 14 hours per week
- Hours are flexible within the requirements of the role with prior arrangement with the Clerk
- It is to be expected that winter hours will be less than summer hours
- Rate of Pay: £9.30 per hour /£17,893 FT Equivalent / Contributory pension
- £9.75 per hour / £18,759 FT Equivalent after a successful 6-month probation
- Automatic enrolment in a pension fund with 8% employer and 6% employee contributions
- Holiday: Council annual leave for full time employees is 21 days.
- Holiday will be pro-rata for hours worked
The ideal person will have experience working with members of the public in a customer focused role, who should always display a polite and courteous disposition when dealing with members of the public.
The successful candidate will be able to take a firm but friendly approach in all dealings with the public and be confident to give out information and instructions to ensure the health and safety of park users. This person will represent the council and should be able to do so in a professional and proactive manner.
Able to work under their own supervision, the Park Keeper will ensure that not only the aspects of the role mandated are completed on time and to a high standard but be aware of the overall park in order to bring forward areas where improvements have been or need to be made.
The successful candidate will have a positive, flexible approach to day-to-day duties with an understanding of working in a small team.
This role requires a DBS check.
Full Job Description and Application form are available below. An application form must be received by 5pm 31st May 2021 to be considered.