- 30 hours per week (Flexibility is required)
- Working days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- The salary point for this role is LC 20 £13.51 per hour and FTE of £25,991.
- Rising to LC 21 £13.78 and FTE of £26,511 on successful completion of a 6-month probation.
- 22 days annual leave and an employer contributory pension scheme.
Sunningdale Parish Council is seeking to employ a Deputy Clerk for 30 hours per week to join the parish team who actively support the council members to make a positive change to our parish. The council is looking for an individual who can work with and for the Clerk, Proper and Responsible Financial Officer to support the efficient running of the day-to-day business and engagement with the residents, businesses, and other organisations.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic, and confident individual who will also have demonstrable capability of:
- working effectively with members of the public, volunteers, elected members, and third-party organisations
- is highly proficient with the use of Office 365 suite of software.
- has experience of writing and updating websites using content management systems.
- proficient at social media posting.
- flexibility to attend evening meetings as required to cover the clerk and meeting with organisations requiring travel.
- is accurate, well organised, and motivated to achieve deadlines.
- has the ability to deputise for the Clerk in public roles as required.
- enjoys a fast moving, changing environment.
The role is based at the council office, which is currently a COVID secure venue, however home working is also available for some of the hours employed once the successful applicant has completed an induction process. It is intended that this role will commence once the national restriction has been removed with face-to-face interviews anticipated in late March/early April 2021.
In line with all council employees, the successful applicant will also be expected to participate in training for aspects of the role and to work towards obtaining CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration)
For more information, please contact Ruth Davies, Clerk to the Council via phone or email.
The closing date for return of applications is EXTENDED TO 26 March 2021 with interviews to be held early April with the role commencing no later than 1 June 2021.
Full details of the role are available in the Deputy Clerk recruitment pack Feb 2021
To apply for the role, you will need to complete an Sunningdale Parish Council Application Form – Deputy Clerk
Closing date is the 19th March 2021, for more information or an informal chat, please contact:
Clerk to the Council