Waste and recycling
Due to the new restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 outbreak there are a number of changes to RBWM’s waste and recycling service:
Stafferton Way civic amenity site is now closed until further notice.
The garden waste collection service is now suspended until further notice, in order to prioritise collections of rubbish, recycling and food waste. Any missed weeks will be added to the end of the paid subscription at no extra cost when the service resumes.
Normal waste and recycling collections continue as normal currently.
RBWM Community Hub Activation
The RBWM community hub has now been activated following the announcement from central government on Sunday 22nd March.
The RBWM community hub will help community groups and individuals who want to volunteer to co-ordinate their efforts and ensure that our most vulnerable residents get the help and support they need during the COVID19 outbreak.
As RBWM activate the hub they are asking residents the following:
- Become a COVID–19 Good Neighbour. Just get involved in your local neighbourhood. Share the message and encourage others to do the same. Click on the link to see how easy it is: www3.rbwm.gov.uk/goodneighbour.
- If you are an individual looking to volunteer please complete this form and register via this link wamgetsrecycling.co.uk/covid-19-volunteering/ and the RBWM community hub will be in contact with you.
- If you, or someone you know, is in need of help please complete this form wamgetsrecycling.co.uk/covid-19-volunteering/.
- If you are an organisation already working in your community and offering services – please let RBWM know where you are and what you are doing so we can reach the most vulnerable. Please email: email@example.com
RBWM will be updating you regularly about the hub here, or if you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free resident parking
As part of RBWM’s COVID-19 response residents will now be able to park in the below car parks without needing to show a parking permit for free until further notice:
• Horton Road
• The Avenue
• Eton Court
• Meadow Lane
• Boulters Lock
• Braywick sports centre
• Hines Meadow (Sainsbury’s)
• Magnet Leisure Centre
• Stafferton Way
• Town Moor
• Alexandra Gardens
• Alma Road
• Home Park
• King Edward VII
• Romeny Lock
• Victoria Street
• Windsor Leisure Centre
Community support Facebook group
A Facebook group has been set up by Cllr Davey – RBWM Community and Facebooks Groups Emergency Liaison (https://www.facebook.com/groups/196702071745157/). This is available for the administrators of all appropriate Facebook pages, local relevant charities and councillors to join. Its purpose is to share knowledge and good practice to make things easier for us and better for our residents. Please do join as messages that will help the community will be posted here.
Advice on wedding ceremonies
Following the introduction of new measures by the government RBWM are now unable to perform wedding ceremonies for the foreseeable future.
RBWM registrars will be contacting those with weddings booked in April & May first to look at alternative options and contacting those with weddings later in the year in due course.